Routine Daily Operational Forecasts
If your business is impacted by the weather, it’s paramount that you receive up-to-date information on a timely, predictable and reliable basis. The human element that Weather Command® provides can make all the difference for your business.
There are multiple sources for generic, computer-generated forecasts that cover your general region. Weather Command® delivers operational forecasts that provide the specific, personalized information you need. We interpret and present the weather data that is relevant to your business in a way that makes sense, so you can make the right decisions for manpower and materials.
Operational Forecast Features & Benefits
- 24/7 Availability: Talk to a professional meteorologist every time you call. We’re ready with up-to-the-minute operational forecast details, so you never have to second guess old radar data or listen to a pre-recorded message.
- Highly Detailed Information: Your forecasts can include a range of parameters, including precipitation (type, intensity, duration and amount), cloud cover, sunshine, wind speed, wind gusts, wind direction, wind shifts, speed changes, high and low temperatures, dew point, relative humidity, wind chill and heat index. The format of the report can be customized to your preference.
- Easy-to-Understand Color Codes: We don’t just put out a forecast. Our experienced meteorologists give you actionable insights to understand how the forecast will impact your operations. Easy-to-understand color coding – green, yellow, red and black – mean you can tell at a glance how your business will be affected, so you can make confident, timely decisions.
- Daily Operating Forecasts: Weather can change rapidly, so providing you with one or more forecasts each day gives you even better information to optimize and plan your operations well in advance. Click here for a sample daily forecast.
- Gas & Power Forecasts: Weather Command® pioneered the use of hour-by-hour load forecasts for utility companies. Rather than simply reformatting model data, we refine the data and provide expert analysis to best meet your needs.
- Pavement Forecasts: Our proprietary pavement prediction algorithms determine the hour-by-hour likelihood and severity of road/bridge icing, frost conditions and more, empowering you to take proactive measures to help keep bridges and other road surfaces safe for motorists while optimizing manpower and materials.
- Long range and seasonal forecasts: Advance notification of upcoming weather patterns and pattern changes to keep key decision makers informed and ready to make proactive decisions.
- Weekend and Holiday Outlooks: The outlook is sent Fridays and the day before major holidays, allowing you to minimize OT and holiday pay and manage your time and staff more effectively during off-peak times.