MURRAY AND TRETTEL, INC.
February 15, 2017
POSITION: TOWER TECHNICIAN – FIELD SERVICES, METEOROLOGICAL SENSOR TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: Chicago Area
SUMMARY: Must have the ability to climb towers with a knowledge of electronics. Must be willing to periodically travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: Other duties may be assigned.
- Understanding of electronics in order to learn how to troubleshoot meteorological instruments and data loggers.
- Ensure highest level of safety and quality control requirements are upheld
- Ability to climb towers for installation of up-top equipment including sensors, clamping, bracing, supports, junction boxes, cabling, bolting, shooting proper azimuth within tolerances, reading maps and a compass, labeling, picture taking, documentation, plumb and tilt readings, rigging, hoisting, etc.
Test and calibrate meteorological sensors and electronics (will be trained)
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to safely climb towers
- Knowledge of knots and tower rigging necessary
- Able to work directly with customers
- DC/AC electrical skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings, job specifications, testing procedures, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct mechanical or electrical connections
- Industrial first aid and rescue training
- Working knowledge of Fall Protection practices and procedures, and tower life saving techniques
- Communicate in person, by phone and radio with supervisor, foreman and co-workers
- Must work in a team environment
- Must be able to climb and perform work at various heights, up to 400 feet, for long periods of time
- Must be willing to travel out of state, for up to two weeks at a time
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); related trade school or military training preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, documented Authorized Climber and Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution or through military service
- Must have, or be able to obtain, First Aid and CPR certification (Murray and Trettel has internal training program to retain certification)
Environmental Division Manager
Senior Environmental Meteorologist
600 N 1st Bank Dr. Suite C
Palatine, IL 60067
Please email resume to Heather